"The Edinburgh residential property market has chalked up some pretty robust performance stats in 2021"
says Blair Cadell's Property Manager Jamie Sole, "and it certainly would not be unrealistic to expect a continuation of last year’s upward trend through what optimists may hope to be a more ‘normal’ 2022"
For Blair Cadell Solicitors clients past, present and future throughout the City, the Lothians and beyond we would certainly expect the big key influencers to remain front and centre:
- Relative under-supply and over-demand will continue to fuel prices
- An abundance of new-build development opportunities particularly for getting on to the ladder, as well as growing families will stimulate growth and movement
- The desire for private open space still a strong driver, but evidence of return to the affordability and convenience of flats and apartments – traditional and new – is notable
- Good, and growing mortgage lending possibilities, tempered with an eye on rising interest rate and inflation questions
- Relief from the receding upsets of the pandemic is already being felt, and although the property market has been remarkably resilient to its effect, a return to stability will certainly not be a hinderance to further growth
Which paints quite a positive picture for everyone's property interests in 2022.
And with our own crystal ball to the ready these are some of our property influencer predictions for the year:
- A nice bit of garden – small postage stamp sized ones, and balconies (Juliet or otherwise) included.
- A 'domestically sealed' home-office space (no impromtu Zoom appearences by family members, pets etc)
- Parking premium: somewhere suitable to stable the Tesla (including a handy charging point)
- Nearby access to walkies for the dog
- School catchments
- Entertainment attachments (power to the recovering industry)
- For sellers, a return to the convenience of open-viewing?
- Colour of the year: wall covering candidates (Hague Blue for a second year running?)
- A home wired for sound… and anything else for Siri or Alexa
- The smell of success to galvanise viewers – barista coffee, homemade bread, smart toasting
The Blair Cadell team is looking forward to helping you towards the achievement of property your goals. Call us on 0131 337 1800 or email email@example.com